The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse is one of 16 lighthouses designed and constructed by Robert Stevenson, the grandfather of writer and poet Robert Louis Stevenson. The lighthouse was built over two years from 1828 to 1830 and was first lit on the 26th of March 1830. Until 1971 the light came from a powerful paraffin lamp and was focused using a lens made of shiny brass and crystal. Nowadays however the lighthouse has an electric light and is fully automated.
Listen in binaural 3D stereo from the foot of the lighthouse as the wind rushes past the tower above.